Ow, ow, OW.....!

Friday, October 08, 2004

First day of the diary

I had acupuncture session number 5 yesterday and true to form, I feel worse today. I woke up with nasty spasming pain in my right lower back and sciatica down the front of my right leg. Took 1 AF (anti-inflammatory - 75 mg diclofenac) and one ibuprofen (200mg time-release).

Went to GP today as Adam is insisting I ought to go but I don't feel hopeful. Spent an hour and a half sitting in the waiting room with the pain shooting down my leg the whole time. When started explaining the problem to the GP, I started sobbing - partly from the pain and partly PMT, I think. As I thought, the GP said there wasn't much he could do apart from painkillers etc. I mentioned the allergy I thought I had and he said an allergy was likely and I may never work out what I was allergic to, but as it wasn't helping my back he gave me a prescription for a nasal spray. He also gave me a sheet with back exercises on to try, so I will try and remember to do them.

Took a further ibuprofen when I got home and now pain is easing a little.